FSS7 – Cleaning and Sanitizing
Hands with gloves on washing a pot in the sink.
The importance of proper cleaning can be appreciated when you realize that another major reason for foodborne illness is contaminated equipment. There are many cleaning operations in food retail. Each cleaning process is usually specific to the type of cleaning that needs to be done.
This course has the following objectives:
• Identify direct and indirect contact surfaces.
• Select steps in the basic manual warewashing process.
• Identify different types of chemical sanitizers.
• List the different types of mechanical warewashing.
• Identify types of fixed equipment warewashing.
Course Duration: 10m