Food Handler Compliance (SFS Certification) – $7.50 USD (avg. $10)
Man in a chef’s uniform typing on a laptop.
We have partnered with State Food Safety to offer the Food Handler certification course. There is an additional charge of $7.50 USD (avg.$10) for this course. Payment via credit card must be made online at the time of registration.
The purpose of the food handlers card training and test is to prepare food handlers to enter the workforce by providing the required food safety information as specified by regulations of the workers’ state, county, or local government.
This course has the following objectives:
- Describe how food can make people sick after being contaminated by physical, chemical, or biological hazards.
- Appreciate that the behavior of food handlers directly affects the safety of food. Keep hands and body clean to prevent contaminating food and food contact
surfaces. Use appropriate barriers to prevent bare hand contact with food.
- Identify which symptoms require staying home from work or reporting an illness or symptom to the manager.
- Identify the appropriate time and temperature requirements for keeping food safe during specific stages in the flow of food.
- Describe how to keep the workplace and equipment clean.
Course Duration: 30m