Any store can benefit from the savings, efficiencies and branding that come with being sustainable. The Ratio Institute have been working with food retailers even before the word sustainability was part of our everyday lingo. With their updated and rebranded program, a retailer can obtain a Sustainability Food Retail Certification and all the support and coaching they need from a neutral non-profit organization whose objective is to offer guidance and assistance to retailers.
Why Get Certified?
Certification will help your store achieve operational excellence and meet sustainability goals by benchmarking performance, reducing costs, and increasing margins.
- Earn Recognition: Demonstrate sustainability leadership and earn differentiation in the market.
- Cut Costs: Gain visibility at each store and address opportunities to reduce cost and increase margins
- Mitigate Risk: Consistent performance tracking across stores, allowing transparency and risk mitigation.
- Systematize Sustainability: Systematize sustainability management across the portfolio.
- Demonstrate Performance: Benchmark ESG performance along a clear path for improvement
• The Sustainable Food Retail Certification program is an annual certification.
• There are two separate Standards: Store-Level and Enterprise-Level.
• Certification requires that enrolled stores and the enterprise complete online self-assessments (1-2 hours each) each year.
• There are 17 Modules (practice areas) across the two Standards
• The Certification employs a tiered approach.
• Certification requires verification of Critical Practices using a desk audit.