Woman smiling holding lettuce and tomatoes while in the produce section.
The Produce Department is more than just apples and bananas. Today’s produce department also offers hundreds of items directed toward an ever-evolving consumer. Understanding those consumers and how the produce department fulfills their needs is essential to your success as a produce specialist.
This course has the following objectives:
- Recall the importance of fresh cut fruits and vegetables
- Recognize the difference between organic and plant-based foods
- Explain how locally grown food is highly sought by customers
- Describe why customers find fresh juices appealing
- Indicate how complementary items can increase sales in the produce department
Course Duration: 12m