Loss Prevention II
Three security staff members. One woman and two mean wearing bright yellow vests.
Profit is low in the food retail industry. The net profit margin is roughly 1% of sales. According to the 2010 Independent Grocers Survey, respondents reported only 1.68% of profit before taxes (FMS and NGA). This means that for every $100 in sales, the store makes only $1.68 of profit before taxes.
Profits are small because the food retail industry is competitive… and every detail can significantly affect the numbers!
• Select how to calculate store and department profitability.
• Select how to calculate inventory turnover and shrink.
• Select entries on a balance sheet.
This course has the following objectives:
• List the different types of theft and prevention methods.
• List the steps to follow if you see someone shoplifting or witness a robbery.
Course Duration: 120m