FSS1 – Foodborne Illness Overview
Young mother with baby daughter shopping in supermarket.
The first course in this series focuses on the causes of foodborne illnesses. You will see how and why these illnesses occur. You will also find out how to tell the difference between an illness and allergen. Last, you will see how to prevent the growth of then microorganisms that can cause a foodborne illness.
This course has the following objectives:
• Select characteristics of foodborne illness.
• Identify how people contract foodborne illness.
• Identify the differences between food allergens and intolerances.
• List causes of foodborne illness.
• Determine which methods can prevent the growth of microorganisms.
Course Duration: 23m