Deli – Food Service
An assortment of deli cheeses, meats, eggs and veggies.
Party platters and holiday meals are popular catering services offered through many deli departments. In addition to catering, some stores also offer another type of food service — an in-store restaurant. In this course, you’ll learn about the types of catering available, and the role you’ll play in selling, processing and filling an order. You’ll also learn how your in-store restaurant attracts customers to your store.
This course has the following objectives:
• Distinguish between two popular catering services: party platters and holiday meals
• Identify how to respond to a customer interested in your catering services
• Explain the process for assembling a holiday meal
• Describe the pick-up procedure for platters and meals
• List reasons why customers may be attracted to an in-store restaurant
Course Duration: 15m