Cashier – WIC Overview: WIC Checks
Illustration of groceries for a single person and groceries for a parent and children.
As a cashier working in an authorized WIC store, you play an important role in helping WIC participants redeem their WIC checks. By carefully reviewing each check, you can ensure WIC participants purchase authorized WIC food, as prescribed within their benefits. And, when you follow WIC regulations accurately, your store is more likely to be reimbursed by the WIC program. In fact, your individual effort, while processing each WIC check, helps your store remain profitable while retaining their compliance within the WIC program.
This course will introduce you to WIC checks as well as the regulations that must be observed when completing a transaction with a WIC check.
This course has the following objectives:
- Describe the WIC ID and its purpose
- Distinguish between WIC check types
- Specify when WIC checks may be redeemed
- Identify the required areas which must be filled in
- Describe how to complete a WIC check transaction
Course Duration: 21m